General Data Protection Regulation Privacy Statement
We act as the Data Controller. We may store your information on a computer and how we use and look after your personal information is set out below.
Information may be used by us, agents and service providers for the purposes of insurance administration, risk assessment and underwriting, claims handling, research and statistical purposes, marketing purposes and for crime prevention.
The lawful basis for the processing is that it is necessary for us to process your personal information to enable us to provide your insurance policy and services, such as assessing your application and setting you up as a policyholder, to administer and manage your policy of insurance and all related services, handling and communicating with you with regards to any insurance claim you may submit to us under this policy. The processing of your personal data may also be necessary to comply with any legal obligation we may have to protect your interest during any claim.
If you do not provide such information, we will be unable to offer you a policy or process your claim.
Where we have a legal or regulatory obligation to use such personal information, for example, when our regulators,the Gibraltar Financial Services Commission,the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in relation to conduct business matters and our data protection regulator, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) wish us to maintain certain records of any dealings with you.
Details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it and who it may be shared with
The personal data you have provided, we have collected from you, or we have received from third parties may include the following:
• Your name, date of birth, residential address and address history. Residency, marital status, contact details such as email address and telephone numbers.
• DVLA details, driving history, licensing authority, previous insurance details, previous accidents and motor convictions.
• Financial and employment details, including finance commitments and affordability questions, national insurance number and bank details.
• In order to assess the terms of the insurance contract or administer claims that arise, we ask for sensitive data, such as medical history, county court judgments and criminal convictions.
• Any information which you have provided in support of your policy or insurance claim.
We may receive information about you from the following sources:
• Directly from you.
• Your insurance broker.
• Third parties such as credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
• From insurers, witnesses, the police (in regard to incidents) and solicitors and appointed representatives.
We will keep your information secure at all times. In certain circumstances, such as processing your claim, to prevent fraud and comply with legal and regulatory requirements, we may need to pass your information to the following third parties within the EU:
• Solicitors or other Appointed Representatives.
• Underwriters, Reinsurers, Regulators and Authorised / Statutory Bodies.
• Fraud and crime prevention agencies, including the Police.
We will hold your details for up to seven (7) years after the expiry of your policy, complaint or claims settlement.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to:
Object to our processing of your personal data
In certain circumstances, you are entitled to ask us to stop using your personal information, for example where you think that the personal information we hold about you may be inaccurate or where you think that we no longer need to process your personal information.
Your personal data is correct
We take all steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and complete. If you do not believe this is the case, please contact us to amend and update it.
Your right to erasure
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to erase your personal information, for example where the personal information we collected is no longer necessary for the original purpose, however this will need to be balanced against other factors, for example legal and regulatory obligations which mean we cannot comply with your request.
Your right to personal data portability
In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask that we transfer any personal information that you have provided to us to another third party of your choice. Once transferred, the other party will be responsible for looking after your personal information.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office who regulate the processing of personal data.
You can request to see what data we hold on you, there is no charge for this service.
Should you wish to receive a copy of the information we hold on you please contact:
Nelson Insurance Company Limited
First Floor, Grand Ocean Plaza